Well, we are past the initial phase of our renovation. Wait, before we get to that part, J and I did have a little fun the night before we started and played dress up after a glass or two of wine.
It was J’s idea, but we weren’t sure if we were going to be able to pull it off due to his annual guys trip this past weekend. Luckily, it only took 2 minutes to prepare for, so we went for it.
We gave the demo guy two days for his job, but he stated he only needed one. Things were going just fine until they started trying to pull up the floor. It seems two layers of linoleum and particle board and 500 extra nails are quite difficult to remove. All in all, it took 1 1/2 days to complete and an additional $500 from original quote. Hey, I am all for being a stickler, but if you were hear listening and seeing what they had to do, you’d throw money at them out of pity. Seriously. (J would say otherwise, of course. Men!)
There is an area on the sub-floor that needs some tending to. Our tile guy will be replacing some boards to make them more sturdy. He’ll also add some extra thin boarding to the entire floor before adding the Hardy Backer and tile in a week and a half. More money for parts and labor. You never know what’s underneath a 1964 year old floor! No wonder there were two layers of flooring. No one wanted to deal with it. THANKS.
The electrician starts tomorrow, so we won’t have any good updated photos until Monday when the dry wall and the paint (courtesy of J and me) goes up.
I can say that having Sam stay at my in-laws since demo morning yesterday has been PRICELESS. I can’t imagine getting used to this with a small kid in tow. We are keeping up the tarps in the kitchen for the entire project to keep the dust and stuff in the kitchen and little children out of the mess.
If you could, would you give me your favorite, easy crock pot recipe, please. I need creative help in my make-shift kitchen in the living room. Day 2, 17 to go!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.