Thanks glossyveneer for entertaining me, my stuffed nose and my blog this dreary afternoon.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Start a blog. Write for public viewing.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not that I am against resolutions, I just forget to make any. Seems to be working.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, yes! My two local gal pals gave birth to their second children. (their first kids are Rt’s best friends) Both are girls and both are just DARLING.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sadly, yes. My grandmother died quickly of cancer in October and her boyfriend of 20 years, Jerry, died in February after a routine surgery. Just 9 months apart from each other.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ha, is that a joke? I’ve been to Grand Cayman on my honeymoon and that’s it. Sad, but true.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 5th, my miscarriage. June 1st, my 5th anniversary. July 31st, found out we’re pregnant again!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving a miscarriage and becoming pregnant again.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I actually failed at anything, luckily.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only 2 sinus infections. So I say I made out rather well.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Mac. My 5th anniversary band. (It was an anniversary present, but it was my money, too)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hubs. He’s just that guy. He’s as sturdy as an ox, and my best friend.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone who is more famous for being themselves, than their craft.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Target would be a good answer.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The thought of adding another child to our family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Some Gwen Stefani song that Rt sings along to in the car.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:? a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
just as happy, um, bigger due to baby belly, and richer, I guess.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoy the ride. Way better than I used to be.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry. Work in process!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Oklahoma with hubs, Rt and my entire family. It was perfect.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yes, my boys always keep me in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Biggest Loser hands down.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, if anything, I dislike people less as I am now more at peace with myself.
24. What was the best book you read?
Um, Parents magazine? Pathetic, I know, but any “book” reading I did was in the bathtub.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
A kick ass hairdryer, hairbrush, and flat iron.
27. What did you want and not get?
A new video camera. It’s not like ours doesn’t work, just want a new one. Someday.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
August Rush. I didn’t see a whole lot of movies in the theater, but what I did see, this flick had everything. Amazing music, romance, drama plus a good amount of cheese. Delicious!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34. Hubs tried to make it back from San Diego early, as a surprise, in time to go out to dinner, but his earlier flight was delayed, so my mom and Rt and I went to Chevy’s. Luckily, two days later, hubs and I went out to dinner and to see a movie. Where did we go, what did we see? I have no idea. Still fun, though.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Besides having my loved ones still here, I was rather happy with how everything turned out.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Jeans, pumas, and a colored t-shirt or sweater.
32. What kept you sane?
My blog, my girls, my hubs, my son.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No celebrity did much in the inspirational department this year. I think they all are a bunch of phooie.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Are we still trying to elect a president? I feel like we have been doing this since the beginning of time.
35. Who did you miss?
My family. Live too far away. Especially my brother.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Gosh, there are too many blog gals out there to name just one, so I won’t
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
There are many things in life you have no control over. If you are centered enough and have some sort of faith, you can get through anything, eventually.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don’t have the brain capacity by #38 to come up with something deep. Oh well. So be it.
While hubs and I are making tons of whoopie while drinking wine and eating bon bons, I need you to do something for me. While you were trying to conceive (“ttc”), what were you told to do to make your odds better of getting prego? Or, if you have never gotten prego, what’s the word on the street? Enlighten me on the tricks of the trade people. The stranger and more bizarre the better. Or, if there is something quite straight forward, add it in there too. Let me see what creative little minds you have. Here, I’ll start.
By placing a piece of bread underneath your mattress while ttc, you will become pregnant. (I think this is some old German wives’ tale, but I did try it while ttc with Rt and it worked! Now ask me how long it took to remove said piece of bread from underneath my mattress. I kinda forgot about it after all the excitement.)
Now it’s your turn. Bring it. That means you too, lurker.
Tag, you’re it…
Thanks Girly Momma for making me walk down memory lane on this draggin Friday afternoon.
Here are the rules… Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1. The only place I have been out of the country is Grand Cayman on my honeymoon. I live such a sheltered life. My passport is invalid since my maiden name is on it. Greaaat.
2. I placed 2nd all around in the OK State Gymnastics Meet when I was 13 yrs old. I medaled in all 4 events. Damn chic from the Alta A’Ok’s team. Just cause your dad was the coach and you had extra pointy toes….
3. I tore ligaments in my RIGHT thumb, (drunk) hyper-extended my RIGHT elbow (goofin off doing a pennydrop on the uneven bars) and broke my RIGHT ankle (trying to dismount the beam).
4. I shaved a “certain area” before I went in to see my pediatrician for a camp physical. WTF? I think I was trying to hide my maturing self? Was sent to get tests done to make sure I was evolving. How embarrassing.
5. I do not miss working ONE BIT, but I haven’t found “my thing” yet either. This mother thing is pretty close. I think I need somethin somethin on top of it.
6. I was QUEEN of drive by stalking. One’s self-esteem rises negative 100% after a good drive-by. What was I really wanting to see? The guy in the yard with a sign that says “Stop the car. I was wrong. I need you now.”????
7. I once had a terrible case of toenail fungus on my big toe in college. I blame the sorority showers.
Tag, you are weiner, I mean winner.
Thanks whoorl for keeping it real.
1. What is your favorite state fair type of food?
That would be the one and only Corn dog of the Texas State Fair, the Fletcher corn dog.
2. If you could have one wish granted by the end of this year, what
would it be?
Dude, I hate these types of questions. Argh. Decisions, decisions. Actually, I’ve got one, but being a tad bit superstitious, I’ll keep it close to me for now.
3. What is the one thing you would change about yourself (physically
It has come to my attention I am very in tune with my emotional side. My therapist once called it “neat”. Thanks for that one Marvin. I would want to be less affected by everything, anything. I would like to shake the need to be in control. I believe both of those go hand in hand. Freakin sucks.
4. If you could have any hairstyle (including color), what would it be?
Oooo, I would love to have long, black, straight hair. Too bad my skin color would veto that idea right off the bat.
5. You only can have one for the rest of your life….cheeseburger or
ice cream? Why?
Well, I only like cheeseburgers if they are grilled on an outdoor grill, something about the cheese being melted that way is totally killer, so I would only order hamburgers on all other occasions. I don’t like ice cream that much either. I prefer soft serve frozen yogurt. So, if the question was hamburger or frozen yogurt, then the answer would be frozen yogurt.
There is truly nothing better than a soft serve vanilla cone from IKEA.
McDonalds ranks a close 2nd.
(Thanks lvgurl for the following verbiage. I am lazy.)
If you’d like to join in the interview fun, follow these directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
p.s. Happy Birthday Cocodrie!
Now, I know everyone has Target. So, this should be fun for all. Clearly, I have a thing for Target Brand. Bare with me.
1) Target Brand Hand Sanitizer- As I have mentioned before, this stuff is literally all over my house and car. Total bargain.
2) Hot Wheels cars- 97 cents. Keeps the entire shopping experience a positive one. Rt loves getting a new car to play with while we shop. (No Rt, Lowe’s doesn’t have cars to buy for you. sorry)
3) Target Brand Children’s medicine- Exactly the same as brand name. Did you know they have the Target version of Mylicon? Make a note of that one!
4) Target Brand Pearl Tampons- Dude, who wants to pay full price for these? These are the bomb. Believe me, I have tried them all.
5) Target Brand Sensitive Wipes- Just like Pamper’s Sensitives, my favs, but way cheaper.
6) Annie’s Mac ‘n Cheese- 99 cents, Organic $1.99 (Actually, I found the organic kind at Cost Co for $11.99 for 15 boxes. score.)
7) Robeez kid shoe knock off’s- Just as cute and half the price! Quite durable. Believe me, I know.
Storage Bin Toy Organizer- Fits all of Rt’s toys. He loves having them on display and accessible. I love it cause it looks organized! Yee haw.
9) Lamps, Lamps, Lamps- Bought Rt’s cuuute lamp for his room. Looks very Pottery Barnish, but me no pay PB prices. nice.
10) Batteries- When they are on sale, you can get a pack of 12 for $9.99 And when you are in dire need of a battery, it’s nice not to pay an arm and a leg.
p.s. um, I was just searching target.com to see if their tampons were for sale online to link to, and this is what I found from my tampon search. dude, that is weird.
Thanks LVGurl for making me think back to times well suppressed.
6 things that are bizarro about me.
1) I named my first Madame Alexander doll Jenny. I received another MA doll for Christmas the next year and named her Jenny 2. (I didn’t ever play with the first one. Asked for a second so Jenny 1 wouldn’t be lonely.) I had an imaginary friend a few years later. Her name? JENNY. She was from Orvel, Texas. (Don’t think it exists.) Once I was through playing with Jenny, the imaginary friend, I told everyone she went to visit her grandmother in Horrible, Texas. (Don’t think it exists either.)
2) My favorite candy? Gummy Cherries. I also have a major love for Cherry Starbursts, Very Cherry Jelly Beans, and Cherry Sours. Cherry Pop Tarts are also fab. Any other flavors? Maybe Strawberry, but anything else is NASTY.
3) I have to put my left sock/left shoe on first. ALWAYS. My father told me when I was little. “Left for luck and right for might”. Ever since then I have NEVER put my right anything on first. THANKS DAD for making me OCD on this one.
4)I put my ’88 thunderbird into reverse while going 20 miles per hour. Why? I have no idea. I was a sophomore in high school newly driving and trying to show off for my friends, I guess. Wow, what a smart cookie.
5) I shaved my side burn hairs when I was in lower school. (they were long, but for some reason, had to go.) I thought if I shaved them, they wouldn’t come back. Why did I want them to go away? I have no idea. Let’s just say it was a GOOD look.
6) I took someone else’s birth certificate to the tag agency and got a REAL id. They asked me if anything had changed regarding my stats. (this gal was 5’9″, brown hair and blue eyed. I am 5’6″, blond and hazel eyed) I said I had put on 5lbs. That is all I could think of. Well, whatever I did say, it worked. Away I went with a real id with my picture and someone else’s info. PLUS, this gal didn’t know I had her birth certificate in the first place. Classy, eh? Anywho, I went down to Dallas, Texas for the OU/Texas football weekend. I had gone to a fraternity party (with a total knob) at the Hard Rock. The ONLY cool thing about the entire night was Punky Brewster was at the party as someone’s date. This was pre boob reduction, so she was the hit of the party. Long story short, I lost my id that night. Somewhere. In. Dallas. I didn’t realize it until my friend CeCe and I were driving back to campus. I called all the LA Quinta Inn’s I knew in the Dallas area hoping someone had found my id. Finally, one lady said a housekeeper had found an Oklahoma ID in the parking lot and had shipped it back to the address on the id 2 days before. UM, HELLO! This gal doesn’t know I had her ID!!! So, CeCe and I jumped into the car, drove 30 miles to the address and hoped something miraculous would happen when we got there. I rang the doorbell and waited not knowing what I would say when someone answered. Luckily, No one did answer. I noticed the mailbox was attached to the outside of the house. I went ahead and opened the lid, saw an envelope from La Quinta Inn addressed to “me” and took it. I ran as fast as I could to the car and drove away. While driving, I looked inside the envelope and what did I see? MY SWEETASS FAKE ID! Woo hoo.
[A is for age:]
[B is for booze of choice:]
Corona, mmmmm beer
[C is for career:]
Currently doing the mom thing, not sure what’s around the corner
[D is for your dog’s name:]
[E is for essential items you use everyday:]
chip clip/ponytail holder
[F is for favorite song(s) at the moment:]
Coldplay is keeping my ipod busy
[G is for favorite games:]
Asshole, card game in college, man was I good.
[H is for hometown:]
Houston, TX. lived there a whole 3 weeks. Oklahoma City for 14 yrs
[I is for instruments you play:]
Violin, piano back in the day
[J is for jam or jelly you like:]
strawberry, grape, blackberry
[K is for kids:]
[L is for last kiss:]
Rt when I was putting him down for a nap, great pucker face
[M is for most admired trait:]
[N is for name of your crush:]
Brad Pitt always shows up in my dreams, but I am still trying to get he and Jen back together, so no lovin for me, ooooo Ryan Gosling is fab too
[O is for overnight hospital stays:]
Just for Rt’s birth, I think
[P is for phobias:]
Any dead animal in my backyard. Damn bird.
[Q is for quotes you like:]
Yippie kai a mo fo.
[R is for biggest regret:]
Not going to OU my first year of college
[S is for sweets of your choice:]
[T is for time you wake up:]
dude, whenever Rt decides. Anything before 6am is unforgivable
[U is for underwear:]
[V is for vegetables you love:]
[W is for worst habit:]
piles, piles and more piles
[X is for x-rays you’ve had:]
right ankle, right thumb, right elbow
[Y is for yummy food you make:]
tamale pie, caramel brownies
[Z is for zodiac sign:]
all i know is virgo
Thanks again LVGurl for keeping my blog current.
|Your Personality Is Like Ecstasy|
You’re usually feeling the love for the world around you – you want to hug everyone.
And while you’re usually content to sit back and view the world with wonder…
Sometimes you’re world becomes very overwhelming and a little scary.
Thanks LVGurl for the idea!
Thank you LVGurl for keeping me entertained while the enchiladas bake.
1. What is your occupation? Non-Profit (sahm)
2. What color are your socks right now? khaki
3. What are you listening to right now? Hubs watching tv about crater lake in OR
4. What was the last thing that you ate? chocolate candy
5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes, learned on a miata, ha!
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? no idea
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? hubs telling him i was picking him up to go buy beer, cause buying beer with a toddler isn’t my fav
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? like totally
9. How old are you today? thirty-three
10. Favorite drink: diet coke, corona
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? OU football
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? um, did you read my last post?
13. Pets? No, still getting over the loss of my childhood cat Arthur
14. Favorite foods? mac n cheese. the box kind
15. What was the last movie you watched? Devil Wears Prada on dvd, Children of
Men in theater, blah
16. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving in Tulsa
17. What do you do to vent anger? call hubs
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? never owned a barbie, so i’d say lite brite?
19. What is your favorite fall or spring? FOOTBALL FALL
20. Hugs or kisses? hugssss
21. Cherries or Blueberry? i can eat a blueberry, so i guess that is my answer
22. Do you want your friends to email you back? a comment would be nice
23. Who is most likely to respond? um, one of 3 who have already commented
24. When was the last time you cried? AHAHA, I am a mom, so I can’t remember
25. What is on the floor of your closet? Some push toy of Rt’s. Shower distraction!
26. What did you do last night? Cringed while watching Idol. How can you people watch this?
27. Favorite smells? Whatever is cooking in the oven
28. What inspires you? Real people.
29. What are you afraid of? Everything, I am a mom
30. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? PLAIN, unless its on the backyard grill,then cheese
32. Number of keys on your key ring? 3
33. How many years at your current job? 21 months
35. How many states have you lived in? 4 – CA, OK, NC, TX
36. Favorite holiday? Wait, I already said this! Thanksgiving, 2nd is Rt’s bday
37. Ever driven a Motorcycle or heavy machinery? hmmm, no
38. Who’s your favorite NFL team? SF 49ers, (hubs is a died hard, have to support)
39. Do you have a house phone that is NOT cordless? i am in the market for one actually
40. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? snow please, i get 100 degrees